"Some things simply go best with the guys"
At Doritos, we believe that your very best friends are much more than just friends. They are the ones who make up the experiences, memories and moments that stay with you for life, the ones that leave you hungry for more long after they're gone.
Because between us, the things you'll remember in life aren't the exams or the math lessons, but that time when you were sitting on the fence, eating Sweet 'N Sour Doritos and telling jokes for hours. Or that day in summer when it was soooo hot you all had absolutely no choice but to cut history class and go hang out on the beach with a bag of Flaming Hot Doritos.
Like a snuggle rug in winter, ketchup on fries or a song by Britney at a great party, Doritos is that little extra "crunch" that hits the spot every time you meet up with the guys, making each get-together perfect. No matter if it's summer or winter, if you're home or out or if the music is the coolest or sucks, all you need is a bag of Doritos and your very best friends, and it'll turn into that kind of evening you'll never forget…
Doritos begin life as a huge sack full of corn kernels. First we cook them, soak them and rinse them really well. Then we grind the kernels and make a delicate corn dough, which is flattened and cut into cool triangles. And then we work hard to create the perfect bite that crunches and crackles in your mouth! How? First we bake the triangles and then fry them. Last but not least is the flavor. Here each triangle gets a dash of salt or special spice and officially becomes a Dorito!
But never fear, if we find out that you really miss a certain flavor, you can be sure we'll bring it back.
Doritos Crusted Chicken Bites
1 kg (2 lbs) chicken breast, cut in bite-sized pieces
2 cups flour
1 bag (70 g) Flaming Hot Doritos
Oil for frying
1. Beat the eggs with a tablespoon of water.
2. Dip the chicken slices in the egg mixture and then roll in flour.
3. Return the chicken slices to the egg mixture, and then roll them in the crushed Doritos.
4. Fry in hot oil for 5 minutes or until the chicken bites rise to the top.
4 avocado pears
Juice of 3 lemons
1/2 medium-sized red onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 hot peppers, finely chopped
Handful of fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
Coarse ground salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 bag (150 g) Doritos Dip
1. Cut the avocados in half and remove the pit. Remove the flesh with a spoon and place in a bowl.
2. Mash the avocado with a fork to the consistency of medium-sized lumps. Add the remaining ingredients and mix gently.
3. Cover with cling film to prevent the mixture from turning brown. Refrigerate for 1 hour (best prepared shortly before serving).
4. Serve with Doritos Dip.
350 g (3/4 lb) ground turkey
2 red onions, chopped
4 big ripe tomatoes with seeds removed, chopped
2 tbsp coriander, chopped
2 medium-sized hot red peppers with seeds removed, chopped
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
2 tbsp chili sauce
1 tsp Tabasco
3 chopped red peppers
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp white wine
2 bags (70 g) Mexican Nacho Doritos
1. Spray a frying pan with nonstick cooking spray, brown the ground turkey with one onion until the meat is no longer pink.
2. In a bowl, mix the remaining onion, tomatoes, coriander, hot peppers and salt. Mix well and correct seasoning.
3. Combine the turkey mixture with the tomato mixture, add the chili sauce and Tabasco and set aside.
4. Heat a skillet with a tablespoon of olive oil and fry the red peppers, add the wine and continue to fry for several minutes. Set aside.
5. Place a layer of the turkey mixture, about 1/2 cm (1/4 inch) thick, in a baking tray, followed by a layer of Doritos and then a layer of peppers. Repeat in sequence, ending with a layer of Doritos.
6. Bake in a 180C oven (350F) for 30-40 minutes.