In order to answer that question we have to travel 78 years back to when the Fromenchenko, Arens and Moshvitz families decided that the citizens of Israel deserve to enjoy some sweetness and pleasure. The group of founders established a chocolate factory in the heart of Ramat Gan.
But it wasn’t easy. The hot climate, the not so up to date equipment and a shortage of raw materials didn’t exactly make things easier. Despite the challenges, over the years Elite gradually grew from a small factory in Ramat Gan to a magical empire of sweetness. For decades thousands of people went out of their way to pass by the Elite building in Ramat Gan to get a whiff of the incredible chocolate aroma. As more products, tastes and aromas were added throughout the years, Elite launched the popular cow chocolate, Mekupelet chocolate bar, Pezek Zman and many other exciting products that ultimately became an inseparable part of our lives.
Elite succeeds in maintaining that great familiar taste while keeping up to date with trends, continually innovating and surprising customers anew each time with a variety of tastes and experiences.
• In the classic cow chocolate bar there are normal cubes and one large cube
• How many snack bars does Elite have?
• Africa supplies 70% of the cocoa beans in the world
• Cocoa beans go through an 8-stage process to be turned into chocolate
• It takes 900 cocoa beans to make one kilogram of chocolate
• Elite is the only company in Israel with a road junction named after it
• Elite was established in 1933, in the agricultural settlement of “City of Gardens” in Ramat Gan
• How many Mekupelet wrappers connected to one another does it take to make a line from the South to the North of Israel?
There is nothing quite like chocolate to turn four walls into a real home. And there is nothing that makes kids happier than sneaking some chocolate from the upper drawer.
Tell us what snack you like and we will tell you what type you are …
A range of chewing gum and sweets in a so many flavors - everyone can choose exactly what suits them
Guests arrive and you want to give them something sweet with their coffee? Looking for something sweet but also satisfying? Want to munch on something sweet that will make up for a long day’s work? The cakes and wafers are suitable for every occasion you want to bask in a sweet moment with others or alone.