Disclosure of information in the Website
Use of some of the Website services may requires registration and/or provision of information (e.g., customer service, digital commerce, contact us, chat with representative etc.). When registering, you will be asked to disclose identifying particulars such as your user name, email address, etc. Those fields that must be completed will be clearly marked as such. Without disclosing the information requested in these compulsory fields, you will not be able to use the Website services which require consent and/or providing information. Additionally, if you qualify for a particular benefit as part of your activity in the Website, Strauss may ask you for additional information such as your name, an address to which the benefit can be sent, and your mobile phone number to arrange for delivery. Without disclosing this information, we will not be able to deliver the benefit to you.
The Website is designed for use by people of all ages.
You are not obligated to disclose any information by law, and you do so at your choice and consent. In case you do not wish to provide any information, you are kindly requested not to use the Website.
Submittal of contents for posting
Strauss may provide you with the option of posting various contents in the Website such as recipes, comments, pictures, ideas, suggestions and public remarks. In submitting contents for posting, you warrant and acknowledge that you have all the intellectual rights of the content, that you are permitted to publish the contents, and that you are not damaging the privacy of any other person. In submitting contents for posting in or through the Website, whether or not such contents are posted, you grant Strauss, and any and all other persons, permission to make use of the contents. In this context you agree and approve that Strauss may post such contents in the Website and in additional media, including on Strauss’s products and in its publications, or use the information to render the service provided by Strauss more efficient and to handle complaints, as Strauss deems appropriate. You further agree that Strauss may publish or make use of your name and any and all personal details contained in the information you submitted (such as your city of residence, etc.) in its publications.
Information gathered during use of the Website
While you are using the Website, Strauss may gather information on your surfing habits, including contents you have created or uploaded to the Website, information or advertisements you have read, the pages you viewed, the services that interested you, the location of your computer and details of the IP address through which you accessed the Website, etc.
Strauss is further entitled to gather, and to avail itself of third-party services to gather and analyze, anonymous, statistical or aggregate information in connection with the use of the Website, including information relating to your personal details and your activity in the Website.
Use of the information
- To enable you to use the services in the Website including digital self-services such as online customer service, e-commerce etc.;
- To identify you in recurring uses of Website services which require registration and in order to eliminate the need to enter your details upon any new use;
- To improve and enrich the services and content included in the Website, including the creation of new services and content adapted to users’ requirements and expectations and including the revision or cancelation of existing services and content;
- To enable you and other users to personalize the services in the Website to your references, and, for that goal, to profile clients and to monitor the actions of users in the Website;
- To contact you when Strauss believes it is necessary;
- To personalize adds to your interests;
- To ensure the regular operation and development of the Website;
- To conduct survey and questionnaires;
- For the purpose of analyzing, monitoring and delivering of statistical data to third parties. Such data will not identify you personally;
Disclosure of information to third parties
Strauss will not transfer your personal details and the information collected on your activity in the Website to third parties, other than in the following cases:
- To the extent that this is required for the purpose of regular supply of the Website services, Website management and control, fulfilling your requests, facilitating relevant marketing activities, provide customer support, etc., Strauss may allow access to your personal information to its agents, contractors, business partners, or other service providers as needed. Strauss will limit the information provided to service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and requires them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information and to comply with applicable privacy legislation including an adequate level of protection of your personal information. Such third-parties may use your personal information only to provide services to you or to Strauss and will not be given permission to use such information for other purposes. Such third parties may include IT suppliers (e.g., cloud-based services suppliers), research and surveys suppliers, media suppliers, and so on.
- Should you violate the terms and conditions of the Binding Documents or part thereof, or should you perform, through the Website or in connection therewith, actions considered by Strauss to be contrary to law or an attempt to perform such actions.
- Should Strauss receive a judicial order instructing it to disclose your particulars or the information about you to a third party.
- Should a certified authority require this, after Strauss has investigated and found that such requirement is reasonable and justified. In any event, Strauss will disclose only the minimum information required.
- In any dispute, argument, claim, demand or legal proceedings, if any, between you and Strauss.
- In any case where Strauss is of the opinion that disclosure of the information is necessary to prevent serious injury to your person or property, or to the person or property of a third party.
- Strauss is entitled to disclose and share anonymous, aggregate and statistical information with other company or organization related to Strauss and with suppliers, business partners and any and all third parties at its sole discretion, but it shall not knowingly or intentionally reveal your identity to such third parties without your consent; in any event, Strauss shall not reveal your personal information, including the information collected from the Website to advertisers for advertisement purposes.
The above data transfer may include transfer to or access from a country outside your country of residence (including outside of Israel), subject to an agreement applying the requirements of the applicable data privacy laws. E.g., the transfer of personal information to a Salesforce cloud in the USA for the purpose of marketing automation.
Except for such places where notice to the contrary is given, the contents you submit to be posted in the Website shall be exposed to all users of the Website. Kindly act wisely and with caution when disclosing personal information (such as your address or telephone number), as well as with respect to the comments and inquiries you receive following your use of the Website or after making any personal information public. Remember: you must apply at least the same caution when disclosing contents and as regards inquiries you receive, as you do when making contact other than over the Internet.
Cookies are text files that your browser creates when it receives an order from the Website’s computers. Some Cookies expire when you close your browser, and others are saved on your computer’s hard disk. Cookies can contain diverse information such as the pages you have visited, the time you spent in the Website, from where you reached the Website, information you would like to see when entering the Website, and more.
If you do not want to accept Cookies you can prevent this by changing your browser definitions. To do this, please consult your browser’s Help file. However, remember that blocking Cookies may prevent you from using part of the Website’s services and features, or those in other websites.
Additionally, you can delete the Cookies stored in your computer at any time. We recommend doing so only if you are absolutely sure that you do not want the Website to be customized to suit your preferences, and if you want the Website not to identify you on repeat visits to sections in the Website that require registration. As Cookies sometimes prevent the need to enter user names and passwords, we recommend that they not be deleted unless you are absolutely certain that you have first written down all the information required to use the Website and kept it in a safe place.
Strauss applies information security systems and procedures in the Website. While these systems and procedures reduce the risks of unauthorized penetration of Strauss’s computer systems, they are not one hundred percent secure. Consequently, Strauss does not warrant that the Website services will be absolutely immune to unauthorized access to the information stored in its systems.
Rights to access, alter or delete information
According to the Israeli Data Privacy law, 1981, you are entitled to review your personal information stored in the Strauss database. In Addition, if you found such information to be mistaken, incomplete, unclear or outdated, you may address Strauss with a request to have the information altered or deleted. Should Strauss have cause to deny your request, it shall notify you, and you may appeal such decision, in accordance with the manner set in the data privacy regulations.
Additionally, if the information stored in the Strauss database is used for the purpose of personal communication with you, based on your belonging to a certain group in the population which was determined by one or more characteristics of persons whose names are included in the database (direct marketing messaging), you are entitled, under the Data Privacy law, 1981, to require, in writing, that your information will be removed from the database. In such case, Strauss will delete information that is required for it to address you with such commercial proposal only. Please note that deletion of the information may prevent you from continuing sing the Services in the Website. Information that is required for Strauss for the purpose of conducting its business – including statistical, anonymous or aggregative information, used for the purpose of static analysis and record of other commercial activities you performed in the Website – will continue to be stored by Strauss lawfully, but will no longer be used to address you. If within 30 days you will not receive confirmation that the information you requested to delete was indeed deleted according to this section, you will have the right to address the court, in accordance with the manner set in the data privacy regulations, with a request to instruct Strauss to act accordingly.
Requests under tis sections are to be addressed to email address or telephone number listed below.
Strauss makes sure to comply with the provisions of the law and respects the right of the users of the Website and of others to privacy, to their good name, or any and all other rights. If you have been negatively affected by the Website and/or in regard to any other matter, please contact us through the following channels, and we will make every effort to address the matter as soon as possible: