As a manufacturing company we are aware of the impacts of our activities on the environment and take full responsibility for them.
We are aware that adopting an environmental responsibility approach on our part may contribute to a sustainable environment for future generations.
Consequently, we regard it as both a goal and a challenge to reduce the impact of our activities on the environment and raise awareness of environmental protection among our employees, suppliers and consumers.
We undertake to work toward improving our environmental performance wherever we operate.
We will act from environmental awareness, while integrating environmental considerations into our various decision-making processes .
We will strive for excellence in environmental protection, in terms of production aspects, product planning and product life cycle .
We will work to increase awareness of the importance of environmental protection among our employees, customers and consumers.
The Strauss Group has established a goal of advancement of environmental quality issues in all its activities.
Strauss’s quality system, in Israel and throughout the world, maintains many processes to reduce the negative environmental effects of Strauss’s operationsby proactive action and environmental management. In recent years, an Environmental Management System has been implemented at Strauss’s headquarters and in different business units. At the sites, Environment Officers were appointed Green Teams were established to implement energy and water conservation programs.
In addition, Strauss is active in promoting Operational Excellence through the implementation of Lean Production values, which lead to proper resource management and savings in water and energy consumption and in the production of waste.
Our environmental responsibility strategy includes,among other, the following elements:
- The intelligence use of water and water conservation.
- Reducing energy consumption in order to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and pollutant emissions into the air.
- Reducing pollutants emissions into the facilities waste water in order to minimize the land and water resources pollution.
- The correct handling of waste, while reducing the quantity of waste, increasing the amount of waste sent to recycling, and reusing waste intended for landfill.
- Reducing the organization’s carbon footprint.
- Integrating the environmental aspects of the product at the product development stage.
- Embedding the values of environment and environmental protection among our employees.